5 Quick Tips for Resume Writing
- Be sure your resume is up to date with full contact information — cell and land-line numbers, your city and email. If you are not local to where the job is located, be sure to note when you are available and/or planning for relocation.
- Point out your exact experience, and soft or hard skills, that help to qualify you for the position. If you have key specific qualifications or experience that exactly meet the job requirements, be sure to incorporate those keywords into your resume’s summary and job description/s.
- Keep your resume to no more than three pages. Do list your work experience but use discretion on what is relevant to the job you are applying for. depending on the role you are applying for, you probably don’t need to include all the details of every job you’ve ever had.
- While it says a cover letter is optional, it really isn’t. To have a better chance for an interview, take the time to write a concise cover letter outlining your specific skills and experience as they relate to the job you’re applying for.
- List your achievements, not your job description. Use action words like increased, built, grew, achieved to gain the reader’s attention.
Scroll our list of current positions available.
Remember to check back often as these postings change frequently.
Ashton and Associates works hard to help you find the right position. We understand the job market and your ambitions, goals and challenges. Our priority is to get you hired by an employer who values your skills. We’re connected to a large variety of A-list employers and can match your skills to their requirements for career satisfaction.
If you’re looking for a new job in Kamloops, Kelowna, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton or anywhere in Western Canada, Ashton & Associates Recruiting delivers.
More Job Seeker Resources
More Great Employer and Job Seeker Resources